OEPA’s Year in Review 2021
We are thrilled that an organization as new as ours not only survived the past couple of years but continues to thrive, thanks to our members and community support! Here are some highlights of 2021.
Reached over 500 people through OEPA and partner events.
We began the year with our annual Energy Briefing in January. OEPA members met with state legislators over Zoom to educate legislators about the upcoming session and discuss current issues of the oil and gas industry.
Our Annual Meeting was held in the beginning of June and we were thrilled to see all those in attendance! It was a long-awaited and worthwhile event that gave everyone who was there much-needed face-time. The focus of this Annual Meeting was to network and mingle while learning about current industry issues. We’re grateful to the speakers who came to share their knowledge with us!
In September, our Golf Tournament was held at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Catoosa, OK. Fifteen teams gathered to enjoy beautiful weather and one another’s company. Prizes were awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams, as well as the person with the longest drive, the person closest to the pin and a new prize awarded for the “longest backward drive!”
We also were able to attend the OERB Oklahoma Oil & Natural Gas Expo, presented by SOER in October! We educated others on the mission of OEPA and even gave away a DeWalt drill!
After 18 months, we were back together for our Lunch & Learns. Over 30 attendees met in Oklahoma City in November and were updated on changes with our gas committee, at the state legislature and Oklahoma Corporation Commission (OCC).
Introduced the first piece of legislation proposed AND passed on the behalf of OEPA.
Governor Stitt signed SB632 into law on April 20, 2021. SB632 bill modifies the Oklahoma Oil & Gas Lien Act to include additional types of oil and gas proceeds as priority claims in bankruptcy. This is a HUGE legislative win for Oklahoma producers!
We are thankful to have a robust volunteer Legislative Committee that set an agenda at the beginning of the year and worked tirelessly until they were able to pass this important piece of legislation.
Did you know SB632 was submitted by an OEPA member? We love partnering with our members to enact the changes needed in our state.
Welcomed 16 new members.
Welcome to our new members from 2021:
- Jim Armstrong, Mills Well Service, Oklahoma City, OK
- Bo Aycock, Texon LP, Houston, TX
- Cory G. Charlston, Westfall Gooden Oil Company, Oklahoma City, OK
- Justin Coburn, Coburn Petroleum Engineering, Oklahoma City, OK
- Ryan Day, Texon LP, Houston, TX
- Mark Faulkenberry, Advisory Under Western Farmers Electric Cooperative, Moore, OK
- Rube Griffin, Griffin Well Service, Konawa, OK
- Joe Kem, Evolution Insurance Partners, Edmond, OK
- Kelly Kirkland, FGS Energy, LLC, Duncan, OK
- Eddie Lee, Western Farmers Electric Cooperative, Moore, OK
- Mark McClure, Texon LP, Houston, TX
- Jim McKenny, Reach Oil & Gas Company, Oklahoma City, OK
- Roger Mills, Mills Well Service, Seminole, OK
- Terri Tidmore, Spire Energy, Oklahoma City, OK
- Scott Williams, Advisory Under Western Farmers Electric Cooperative, Moore, OK
- Foster Zeiders, NFCDA Energy, LLC, Edmond, OK